National Homeworkers Association Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Better Internet Bureau - Public Forum » Suggest A Topic » National Homeworkers Association « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

spott
Username: spott

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 - 4:06 am:   

I also received a letter from National Homeworkers Association claiming I could make up to $1500 a week (although they said later I could make unlimited money stuffing as many envelopes as I wanted). They asked for $35 plus $5 S&H for the kit. They claimed I wouldn't have to sell to anyone, that they had labels for the envelopes to be mailed, and I wouldn't have to pay postage (I'm guessing prepaid envelopes at the bulk rate). Has anyone actually done this? I found the real National Homeworkers Assn who are actually located in Oregon, not Chicago. It offers something a little different after looking at their website, and on top of that, they posted this disclaimer on their website:...."BEWARE:
We are not located at 28 E Jackson Bldg, 10th Floor in Chicago. IF you received a brochure with a return envelope with our name National Homeworkers Association on it, from Chicago, THAT IS NOT US, WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS OFFER. We recently discovered who it really is.
Sounds like Michael might be a disgruntled employee perhaps? The real National Homeworkers Assn had several methods to contact them, but since it's now 4am, I don't think I'll try any of them now. Has anyone else had any luck?
rhoda
Username: rhoda

Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 2:17 pm:   

Thanks to this forum, I had done the same checking as most of you have and found this company to be bogus the clue was in the mailing that the words " and the way to claim your 3.00 payment" were in the script / after it had stated that the $ was sent to you BEFORE you ever mailed the first envelope. I sent the letter back with a return to sender and SCAM written across the front, I don't have time or the money to be taken advantage of and like the rest of us I too have been looking for something to accomplish from home and have lost alot of money even with legitimate businesses that pray on desperation. You want to work from home? Create your own job/ find something you are good at or get educated in the field that you want to pursue and market yourself...clean houses babysit ...classes on you tube, everyone has something that someone else is willing to pay for, knowledge is power and everyone has that power.. the old cliche' is that a fool and his money are easily parted" invest in yourself and you'll never go wrong
aallmand76
Username: aallmand76

Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 10:49 pm:   

Scam Warning: National Homeworkers Association

I received a letter from this company who offer to pay you $3 for stuffing envelopes. They provide you with postage paid pre-addressed envelopes for a processing fee of $35 + $5 s&h. At first it sounded great with all the great success stories in the letter but there was no phone # or e-mail to contact them so I googled this company and confirmed it was a scam.

Thank you all for your posts. You helped me by not wasting $40 and I hope I can help others who receive these letters. Their info:

National Homeworkers Association
28 E. Jackson Bldg.
10th Floor/#F-458
Chicago, IL 60604-2263

Don't waste your money. This company is a scam!
pkmenasco
Username: pkmenasco

Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 2:00 pm:   

NHA,
28 E.Jackson bldg.
10th floor# F-458
Chicago Ill 60604-22xx.
This is a scam . I have tried calling this number 215-628-39xx answering machine (what a surprise). They've cashed my $40.00 check. The back side of the check is not ledgeable. please. do not fall for this like I did..
I do not know how people can do this and still get up in the morning. They are going to one place ,It is not Heaven.
demented_denny
Username: demented_denny

Posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 6:40 pm:   

PEEL OFF THE ADDRESS LABLE ON THE POST CARD.
WRITE ON IT RETURN,,C.O.D..
THAN DROP IT IN A US MAIL BOX, NOT YOU OWN.
MADE ME FEEL BETTER

MY SPACE/DEMENTED DENNY
kimmy7
Username: kimmy7

Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 11:59 pm:   

Hey, I have been played a couple of times from these inviting offers and promises of legitamite work from home. I have lost alot of money on startup fees and promise of either materials to get started or a nice list of Employers looking for a dependable worker even from home. I have now given up and my trust has been destroyed! I am honest and hardworking,smart and sole provider for my family. I want to participate in an honest money making opportunity! WOW, does anyone else ever ask how could someone (myself) be so smart and feel so stupid after realizing I've been fooled and robbed? DAG, I am so embarrassed and stressed since I now don't really trust anybody and I know that's awful. I am not feeling so by myself anymore though. I'm sorry for anyone else that have had a wack experience with these GREEDY SELFISH CHARACTERS who prey on anxious willing and hard working people. Most whom just want things to get better. I am one of them. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE HERE TO FIND THE RIGHT DEAL FOR THEMSELVES.
Sincerely,

Kimmy7
}
ladydp53
Username: ladydp53

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 5:21 am:   

I just received a mailing from the National Homeworkers Association asking for $35.00 in order to get started stuffing envelopes at home and getting paid $5.20 for each one I stuff and mail. I have to admit, it really sounded good to me but then my instincts set in and I googled their name and came up with so many rip-off reports, including this forum. So I immediately joined so that I can share info on all the scams I see on a regular basis. Apparently these people didn't get rich stuffing envelopes at $5.20 each, they got rich from the $35.00 they stole from the thousands of people seeking home employment. Just always remember that if something seems too good to be true, more than likely it is, check it out thoroughly. I just don't understand why the Attorney General have not shut these people down.
ladeebiker
Username: ladeebiker

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   

"National Homeworkers Assosciation & A Better Way"
I just read an ad in a free local very legitamate paper "The Employment Guide" (3/3-3/9/2008 Volume 10 Issue 10 Oakland/EastBay California). In a small section under Business Opportunities (which the publisher has a disclaimer next to) there is an ad, summarized it reads "Help Wanted Assemble Products at Home" They list an 800# and the A-Better-Career.com website. They are asking $28.00 + $7.00 S&H for their "LIST" which lists the "National Homeworkers Assosciation & A Better Way" at the top of their webpage.
So I googled the National Homeworkers Association and checked the first 10 listings and persistence pays. The Better Internet Bureau was the 10th listing. I am really happy I found it. You saved me from wasting my money not only on the home workers list but SurveyScout.com as well which I just saw on the internet for the first time last night.
expo51
Username: expo51

Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 9:29 am:   

One thing I have found with these work-at-home deals is even if they send you all of the materials you pay for, many of them have no business, no clients, you have to go out and find them. That is the key particular in their carefully worded sell jobs none of them mention - THEY THEMSELVES HAVE NO WORK FOR YOU. So, beware!
stonzbeck
Username: stonzbeck

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 4:00 pm:   

I have just started looking for a work-at-home position and am getting QUITE frustrated. I am a stay at home mom with 25 hours per week with no kids. I need to be available for my kids as one of them has special needs. I thought working at home (esp data entry) would allow me to work around their schedules and be available when/if they need me. DOES ANYONE HAVE KNOW OF A LEGITIMATE WORK AT HOME POSITION????? I was scammed on my first try and do not want it to happen again. Aside from delivering newspapers in the middle of the night, I am coming up with nothing. HELP!!!!
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 1:09 pm:   

I contacted National Homeworkers Association about American Enterprises and they say that American Enterprises is NOT one of their members.
Sara
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 11:03 am:   

I received information on National Homeworkers Association and it seems like a scam. Why should you have to pay to work from home? I think I will pass on the invitation...
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 1:21 pm:   

Re: AMERICAN ENTERPRISES; In March, 2006 I also sent away my $38.00 registration fee along with the $7.00 mailing fee. I have sent 3 e-mails and have not heard anything back nor received the brochures they promised. I would like to get a list of all others who have fallen for this scam so I can start a group whose mission is to get our money back from scamming companies.
Robert Hendricks
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 6:08 pm:   

If you want a legitimate home based opportunity, nothing is better than opening an EBay store. And you don't need to buy the scammer software to learn how. Just go to the EBay website and follow the instructions. EBay probably charges a fee themselves (a fee for hosting your store on line), but that's part of the cost of doing business.
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 7:39 am:   

Does anyone know of a real work at home job that is legit.
Sue Crano
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 12:13 pm:   

Has anyone ever gotten a job working for Stuff-4-Kids? The starter kit is 29.95 plus 5.00 for shipping etc. It is for making baby bibs. Of course it's a p.o. box in El Toro, CA.
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 9:17 pm:   

I am interested in knowing if anyone else has tried America Enterprises? Has anyone else sent the registration fee? If so, what happened?}
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 10:13 am:   

RE: AMERICA ENTERPRISES; On July 28, 2005, I sent away my $38.00 registration fee along with my $7.00 for packeage mailed first class priority. I also sent 2 E-mails to the "company", regarding my status. To this date I have not heard anything regarding my application.
Ray
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 3:34 am:   

National Homeworkers Association sells a directory of (so called) work-at-home jobs. I have never heard of anyone actually getting a job from using their directory. Many of the companies listed did not request to be listed and some of them are no longer in business. You would do much better by reading the classified section of your local newspaper.

Ray
Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 11:50 pm:   

I'm interested in any info about this company.Thank you.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: